As government groups continue to monitor and respond to the respiratory illness known as COVID-19, many travel plans are being disrupted. The decision to travel is a personal one, but as a member of AAA you can get expert advice from AAA Travel Advisors to help you make informed decisions.
Travel providers such as cruise lines, hotels and airlines are making frequent adjustments to itineraries, policies, pricing and more. AAA Travel Advisors are staying up to date on those changes, and they can help you review options before you make potentially costly changes on your own.
If you prefer to submit questions online, visit the AAA COVID-19 Travel Help Center.
Also consider the following coronavirus travel advice:
Does travel insurance cover the coronavirus?
There is no single answer to this question. Coverage options can vary, based on the type of policy you purchased, when you bought it, and your trip’s departure date and destination. However, some travel insurance providers are expanding their policies to include aspects of coverage for claims related to the coronavirus, such as for emergency medical care or transportation, should a person become ill with the coronavirus while traveling.
Contact your travel advisor or travel insurance provider directly to review your policy and understand what is covered.
Precautions to take wherever you are
No matter where you go, make sure you take everyday preventive measures to help stop the spread of the coronavirus and other respiratory diseases.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice). If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.